The decrease in tension force is the main reason for the slippage of the Conveyor Belt. When the belt conveyor slips, the tensioning stroke can be adjusted to increase the tensioning force. Due to the many forms of belt conveyors, the tensioning methods are also different. Common tensioning methods include screw tensioning, hydraulic tensioning, steady vehicle tensioning and heavy hammer tensioning. The conveyor belt conveyor using the heavy hammer tensioner can add counterweight to solve the problem when the belt slips until the conveyor belt does not slip. If the belt is deformed and the tensioning stroke is not enough, the belt can be cut off. But do not blindly increase the tension, so as to avoid unnecessary excessive tension on the conveyor belt and reduce the service life of the belt.
There are many reasons for the slippage of the conveyor belt during operation. The common reasons and solutions are:
1. The initial tension is too small. Insufficient tension at the point where the conveyor belt leaves the drum causes the conveyor belt to slip. This situation generally occurs at startup, and the solution is to adjust the tensioning device and increase the initial tension.
2. The friction between the drive roller and the conveyor belt is not enough to cause slippage. The reason for this is mostly that there is water on the conveyor belt or the environment is wet. The solution is to add some rosin powder to the roller. But be careful not to add it by hand, but blow it in with a blower device to avoid personal accidents.
3. The rear roller bearing is damaged and cannot be rotated or the upper and lower idler bearings are damaged and cannot be rotated too much. The reason for the damage is that the tail floats too much, and the damaged or inflexible parts are not repaired and replaced in time, which increases the resistance and causes slippage.
4. Too fast start speed can also cause slippage. You can start slowly at this time. If a squirrel cage motor is used, it can be started after jogging twice, which can also effectively overcome the slippage.
5. If the load of the conveyor belt is too large, it will slip if it exceeds the capacity of the motor. The advantage of slippage at this time is that it protects the motor. Otherwise, the motor will be burned for a long time.