Portable conveyors are also known as Transfer Conveyors or Grasshopper Conveyors. Transfer conveyors and grasshopper conveyors are common names for portable conveyors. The portable conveyor consists of prefabricated truss sections bolted together in the field as well as a head and tail section. One end is elevated by means of a support frame on an axle fitted with large, high-buoyancy tires. The feed hopper is widened and lengthened to minimize spillage.
By eliminating the need for the cost of loaders, trucks, gasoline, and labor, these portable conveyors enable producers to move goods from one location to another, cutting down on labor costs and production times. The producer can utilize all of the stockpile and storage space on their site by using a portable conveyor device.
Grasshopper conveyors for transporting material on-ramps are equipped with higher-rated motors and gear reducers or dual drives. High Brinell hardness wear-resistant materials are specified to extend service life and reduce downtime for maintenance.
Grasshopper onveyors are comprised of field bolted prefabricated truss sections. One end is elevated by struts from an axle equipped with tires. The transfer or grasshopper conveyors are moved around the site pads by the use of a large fork truck or front-end loader.
We can design and produce according to customer requirements.
Application Areas1. Mobile connection to primary/secondary processing plants in pits.
2. Mobile links within ports from truck unloaders/hopper feeders to ship loaders.
3. Mobile links providing data for mobile ship loading systems.
4. Mobile links from warehouses to ship loading/unloading in ports.
5. Grasshopper conveyors for ore transportation in heap leach plants.
1. Eliminates the need for a dedicated wheel loader to constantly move the material, thus reducing double handling.
2. Adjustable unloading heights allow variable unloading for a wide range of equipment.
3. eliminates the need for costly dump trucks to transport material from source to process.
4. Eliminates/reduces loading shovel movement, thereby reducing operating costs and cost per ton.
5. Mobility provides optimum flexibility on site. Links can be moved off-site or put into storage when not required.
6. Specification machines designed for ease of maintenance and excellent resale value at the end of a project.
7. Versatile equipment offering the most cost-effective method of material transfer.
Why you choose us?
Flexible conveyors easily shift in and out of operation depending on transfer length requirement.
Custom-engineered conveyor truss design extends conveyor life in rugged mining applications.
In-house electrical design interlocks conveyors to automatically stop production in the event of process interruptions.
Reducing operating costs and increase uptime.